Tuesday 7 December 2010

Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Ah, the Christmas season! As I write this post I am sitting next to a best friend, sipping hot chocolate and watching Elf. Clearly, I'm not complaining. There's something magical about the Christmas season, even if you're not 4 years old or don't still believe in Santa Claus. I recently bought the Glee Christmas Album in attempt to cheer myself up after quietly sobbing in the stationary section at Target as I searched for a graduation card for Kristin. The album is incredible! The last song, O Holy Night, gives me chills. Maybe that's because O Holy Night is tied as my favorite Christmas song, but really, go buy it!!


Thanksgiving was a wonderful break from school and I was able to do some fun things with Austin friends and spend time with my family. Becca and I got really domestic and made some delicious dinners. She always teaches me the newest and most nutrient rich veggie foods, like quinoa. 

                                                                                        

Quinoa somethings that Becca made- so good!

Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Cranberries


Turkey and Spinach Shepherd's Pie




Just before Thanksgiving break my roommates and I took our 3rd annual trip to Austin for our "roommate weekend" and for the Christmas Affair. Friday night we went to various places on 6th street but the highlight was for sure the Boom Boom Room. The BBR is exactly what it sounds like. Lots of bumping and grinding and perfect for anyone who wants to dance. We of course kept to ourselves but we did bust a move or two. The only thing that put a damper on my night was a snag in my brand new tights. Not to worry, returned them the next day for a new pair. Friday night before downtown we went to the Headliner's Club. The dinner was amazing and the company, even better!





That's all for now!
Merry Merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment