Monday 15 November 2010

Town Lake

This semester I am taking a photography class. I've always loved taking pictures, but I've never taken notice to the different techniques in photography. Our most recent assignment was to create a photo story. The photo story needs around 10 pictures with an attached story. Each photo is different and unique and should speak for the story. I chose to take pictures of one of my favorite places in Austin- the Town Lake Trail, recently renamed Lady Bird Lake. Here are my pictures for my assignment!












I got some strange looks as I snapped pictures of complete strangers... but I turned and walked quickly away before anyone could ask me what I was doing. This probably isn't the best idea considering it makes you look a lot sketchier than you really are. Oh well. I forgot to email myself one of my favorite pictures of Woode Wood. Woode Wood is a man who stands on a ledge looking over the trail and plays his guitar for passerby's. He is an interesting character and a bit creepy if you ask me. As I took photos of him he came down to talk to me and to show me his newest music video, "pretty girls." The video showed a wide variety of different girls looking into the camera whiping their hair to and fro or looking seductively into the camera. "These are girls around Austin I have met who said they'd be in my video!" Woode said. At this point I was genuinely freaked out. So I politely said thank you and kept walking at a faster pace. I'll post my Woode Wood picture later...

2 comments: